The family run Fournier Bakery operated for 71 years in New Hartford and Winsted, between 1890 and 1961 by two generations of the Fournier family. When the younger generation, Frederick and George Fournier retired they closed the business.
At one time the bakery delivered by horse drawn wagon, complete with a gong to tell customers that they were coming. In later years it operated out of several retail locations in both towns. It also ran a coffee service for various local factories. In a sense, this section of the business was replaced by vending machines and other automated machines.
Today, there are several bakeries in town, including Collinsville Bakery and the Delery (now the Better Half). There are several other cafes as well.