David Krimmel, our town historian, came in tonight with some wonderful new research: the complete title records for all the brick houses (18) in New Hartford built between 1820 and 1900. These houses are scattered throughout the town and belonged to both farmers and merchants. While they exhibit some overall similarities in architecture, they each have their own histories.
It is hoped that with this sort of title record, research into their histories will be easier.
We have also begun to add historical pictures to our website gallery. Just two so far, ‘Animals’ as a test file. We’ll be adding more as we have the chance.